Provide financial and administrative support to the Accounting Department while ensuring the efficient, timely, and accurate processing of accounts payable.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for all aspects of accounts payable including but not limited to: invoice entry, check runs and mailings, ACH batches, remittance advices, 1099s, year-end accruals, vendor maintenance, invoice coding, filing, and ensuring all invoices are properly approved for payment.
- Maintain and administer petty cash.
- Post daily freight transactions for job costing.
- Prepare monthly journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Responsible for cash receipt functions including: preparing and processing daily remote deposits, posting cash receipts, reconciling weekly reports, and updating job notes for prepayments.
- Assist with month-end accounting functions as needed.
- Continually identify, develop, and implement improvements in work processes.
- Consistently and effectively live Worzalla’s team culture by being goal-oriented, self-motivated, solution-focused, a positive leader, an amazing teacher, and an awesome team member.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of associate’s degree in accounting, finance, or business and minimum of two years of accounting or related work experience required.
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to demonstrate professional image and demeanor in all interactions.
- Ability to meet deadlines required.
- Ability to learn and use company-specific computer applications and software required.
- Ability to consistently and effectively work independently with little or no direction and follow up to complete assignments required.
- Ability to demonstrate competence in functional area.
- Ability to consistently and effectively demonstrate leadership; team commitment; and innovation.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Must possess excellent problem resolution, organizational, interpersonal, communication, and project management skills.