DURATION: Full Time - Hourly
WORK DAYS: Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm 1 - hour unpaid lunch.
Education: High school diploma required. Two-year business degree or similar Accounts Payable experience preferred.
Experience: Accounts Receivable/Payable and other office-related experience.
Drivers License: Valid Driver’s License Required
Vehicle: Vehicle Required for Transportation
Perform daily accounting, bookkeeping and general office duties in an efficient manner, including effective communication with vendors, apartment managers, office management, and owner. Compute, classify, and record numerical data to keep financial records complete. Perform any combination of routine calculating, posting and verifying duties to obtain primary financial data for use in maintaining accounting records. May also check the accuracy of figures, calculations and postings pertaining to business transactions.
Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Multi-task oriented – prioritize tasks during a work day
Strong analytical competence
Manage office processes and field personnel
Personable – ability to work with others
Presentable, well-groomed appearance
Ability to communicate effectively with peers and public
Basic Understanding of GAAP- Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures
Must possess a varied skill set including basic cognitive, social and computer skills
Basic Cognitive and Social
- Capacity to actively listen and learn to understand information to properly apply what is learned.
- Critical thinking- using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Ability to learn from available resources and apply what is learned.
- Ongoing monitoring and assessing projects, work flow, tasks, procedures to make improvements.
- Ability to use mathematics to solve problems.
- Ability to effectively read and communicate verbally and in writing in a professional manner to meet the requirements of the position.
- Actively looking for ways to be service oriented and assisting people.
- Effectively able to manage time to meet the requirements of the position.
- Navigation – using scroll bars, mouse, and dialog boxes to work within the computer’s operating system. Being able to access and switch between applications and files in a Microsoft Windows/Microsoft Office environment.
- Internet – navigating the Internet to find information, including the ability to open and configure standard browsers; use searches, hypertext references, and transfer protocols; and send and retrieve electronic mail (e-mail).
- Word Processing – using Microsoft Word to type text, insert tables, format, edit, print, save and retrieve word processing documents.
- Spreadsheets – using Microsoft Excel to enter, manipulate and format text and numerical data; use formulas, insert, delete and manipulate cells, rows, and columns; and create and save worksheets, charts and graphs.
- Property management software – learn and master complete operation of all aspects of property management software
SPECIFIC BOOKKEEPING DUTIES:
Perform varied and diverse clerical, bookkeeping, and administrative office duties as required by management. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Answer phone calls in a timely fashion; schedule appointments as needed.
- Monitor, distribute, print and file emails on a daily basis.
- Process deposits and vendor payment checks from Property Management software system.
- Evaluate bills/invoices for inconsistencies and/or errors in charges and vendor rates.
- Research and resolve all invoice inconsistencies by communicating with managers and vendors.
- Process payment checks to vendors from Property Management software system.
- Process Security Deposit Return Checks after reviewing letter for accuracy.
- Transfer leases, move-in and move-out tenants as well as ensure tenants security deposit accounting is completed as required in Property Management software system.
- Research, gather, organize, and maintain general ledger figures to assist in developing budgets and financial statements.
- Code bills to ensure accurate allocation in Property Management software system.
- Print checks, ledgers, receipts, calculations, quotes, and rate sheets; present to owner for signature.
PRINCIPAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
The responsibilities outlined herein are not all inclusive of the Bookkeeper’s duties. The Bookkeeper may be required to perform other related duties upon request.
The Bookkeeper will be required to cross train with the Leasing Administrator, performing property management and general office tasks as soon as the Bookkeeper achieves proficiency within the Bookkeeping position.