Portage County offers a robust benefit package for this position. Benefits include;
- State of Wisconsin Retirement Plan
- Health insurance- your choice of two health plans- (Health Savings Account associated with the High Deductible Health Plan with a County contribution)
- < >Paid holidays
- Sick leave
- Flexible spending account
- Life insurance- premium paid by the County
- Long term disability insurance- premium paid by the County
- Dental insurance
- 457B Deferred Compensation Plan
This position performs a variety of medium to complex professional accounting and financial functions related to the accounting oversight of the treasury management and tax collection functions of the Treasurer’s Office. This position will be responsible for reconciling accounts, preparing cash flow forecasts, auditing cash handling and banking practices, and reconciling tax collections of the Treasurer’s Office. This position also actions as a finance liaison and oversees the financial matters of other county funds and departments, such as Treasurer’s Office, County Clerk, Register of Deeds, and others as assigned. This position is a member of the Finance Department management team.
These are the skills we are seeking:
- Associate Degree in Accounting or related field required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field preferred.
- Experience in treasury management, banking, or similar field required.
- Knowledge of governmental accounting preferred.
- Ability to successfully pass a criminal and financial background check.
- Any combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Starting salary: $57,366/year
Apply at: www.co.portage.wi.us
Portage County Human Resources
1462 Strongs Ave.
Stevens Point, WI 54481