Portage County offers a robust benefit package for this position. Benefits include;
- State of Wisconsin Retirement Plan
- Health insurance- your choice of two health plans- (Health Savings Account associated with the High Deductible Health Plan with a County contribution)
- < >Paid holidays
- Sick leave
- Flexible spending account
- Life insurance- premium paid by the County
- Long term disability insurance- premium paid by the County
- Dental insurance
- 457B Deferred Compensation Plan
This position provides billing and collection services for Health and Human Services and accounts receivable services for the Sheriff’s Office. This position is responsible for timely submission of claims to insurance companies, including Medicaid and Medicare, as well as monitoring and ensuring payments for services are received in a timely manner.
These are the skills we are seeking:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Two years’ experience in medical billing and collection practices in health care or related setting preferred.
- Two years’ general office experience required.
- Any combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Starting wage: $16.89/hour
Apply at: www.co.portage.wi.us
Portage County Human Resources
1462 Strongs Ave.
Stevens Point, WI 54481