This position processes the Health Care Center (HCC) timekeeping records using the Kronos Workforce Ready Time Keeping System, enters new hires/terminations and changes to the system along with daily records maintenance. This position also performs bookkeeping/accounting functions in the areas of reconciling of payroll and general ledger accounts along with compiling other reports used for surveys and/or year-end audits and cost reports. This position acts as a resource for use of the County’s financial software system. This position also entails new hire on-boarding and orientation process within the Portage County Health Care Center.
Starting wage: $17.39/hour
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Associate Degree in Accounting or related field preferred.
- Four years prior Accounting experience (payroll, accounts payable, general ledger) preferred.
- Two years Accounting experience in a governmental setting preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a licensed vehicle for business related travel.
- Any combination of education and experience which provides the necessary knowledge, abilities and skills.
Apply at: www.co.portage.wi.us
Portage County Human Resources
1462 Strongs Ave.
Stevens Point, WI 54481