The Account Executive is responsible for generating leads, developing prospects and recruiting new members according to the minimum monthly sales goals. It is also the responsibility of the representative to remain in contact with new members throughout their first twelve months of membership.
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of the Chamber’s mission and how it directly applies to existing and prospective members.
- Develop, implement and maintain a personal sales action plan, including goals and reports.
- Collaborate with Director of Business Engagement and other staff.
- Establish positive relations with the principals of business throughout the Chamber’s service area.
- Make personal visits to new member-investors. Mileage will be reimbursed.
- The Account Executive may be called upon, and would definitely find it advantageous, to attend Chamber functions such as Council meetings, ribbon cuttings, Business X-Changes, Business After Hours and other such events for recruitment purposes.
- Attend internal Chamber sales meetings and trainings.
The individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical – the individual measures sales potential, forecasts sales and develops sales reports useful to management
- Problem Solving – the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, and gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Communication – the individual conveys information persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- Management Skills – the individual exhibits the ability to get along well with others, is open to new ideas, makes self available to staff, accepts authority and responsibility and is customer service oriented
- Quality Management – the individual continuously looks for way to improve and promote quality, and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Judgment – the individual displays willingness to make independent decisions, exhibits sound judgment, makes timely decisions, and accepts responsibility for results
- Planning/Organizing – the individual prioritizes and plans work activities without supervision, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans
- Safety and Security – the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety, security and confidentiality procedures, and uses materials and equipment responsibly
- The individual is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear.
- The individual must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If interested, please send resume and cover letter to:
Tonya Kowalski, Director of Business Engagement