Help our client provide high-level accounting services to retail hardware stores from around the country by becoming their next Manager of Accounting Assistants. In this role you will work under the direction of the Accounting Services Manager by leading a great group of assistants.
In this Manager role, you will be responsible for all facets of managing the Accounting Assistant team.
Accounting Assistants responsibilities include: the general ledger, reconciling certain ledger accounts and preparing sales and payroll tax reports. Each assistant works with our Staff Accountants to produce timely, accurate financial statements for our accounting clients.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $38,000.00 to $48,000.00 /year
- Understand and perform the processing duties assigned to the Accounting Assistants.
- Occasionally process monthly financial information received from clients in order to understand, evaluate and make recommendations.
- Hire, train and evaluate each Accounting Assistant on their monthly client processing tasks and any other duties assigned.
- Provide input and ideas on ways to improve the level of service provided to our accounting clients.
- Manage time and attendance in regard to the Accounting Assistants.
- Work closely with the Accounting Services Manager to determine proper workload assignments, staffing levels, and other duties as assigned.
- Clearly communicate with other management, staff and client/members.
- Associates Degree in Accounting. Strong familiarity with general ledger accounting and financial statement compilations in a public accounting setting.
- Excellent organizational skills, problem solving, project management as well as time management.
- Ability to show leadership and guidance, as well as follow direction.
- Prior leadership/management experience is beneficial.
- Fantastic culture and tenure within the company!
- Opportunity to work with great clients and make a difference!
- Flexible work schedule, (1/2 days on Friday).
- Business casual dress code.