ABR is recruiting a Payroll Bureau Manager for a top notch company in Stevens Point, WI! This position can be REMOTE for the right person. Company offers competitive salary and excellent benefits package.
Job Summary: The Payroll Bureau Manager will oversee and lead the organization’s payroll bureau processing department by providing vision, leadership, project coordination and management of CyberPay software while ensuring client payrolls are processed timely, accurately and in compliance with government regulations. A successful candidate has a passion for leading change, is open minded, approachable and views challenges as opportunities.
The Payroll Bureau Manager Duties/Responsibilities:
- Interviews, hires, and trains new staff in the department.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Provides constructive and timely performance feedback.
- Develops processes and procedures.
The Payroll Bureau Manager Required Skills/Abilities:
- Implements, maintains, and reviews payroll processing systems and procedures to ensure timely and accurate processing of client payrolls including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and deductions.
- Maintains awareness of and ensures compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and best practices.
- Determine the potential impact of regulations and best practices on current and future processes and communications.
- Build and maintain a strong team through effective training, coaching, and team building.
- Assess the skills of employees and skill levels necessary to achieve work objectives.
- Serves as the voice for payroll client and department communications and resources.
- Develop and implement continuous client and employee training and education to maintain appropriate procedures and processes for ensuring compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Perform system and billing audits to verify accuracy of payroll processing and billing.
- Identify, recommend, and implement updates/enhancements to payroll bureau software, systems, and procedures.
- Handle daily bank exceptions and complete weekly bank reconciliations.
- Plan, budget and forecast payroll department needs to run an effective bureau.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Extensive knowledge of payroll including (but not limited to) preparation, balancing, internal control, quarter- and year-end processing, taxability of deductions, and payroll taxes.
- Working knowledge of CyberPay or related multi-client payroll bureau software.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field is desired.
- Minimum of three to five years of payroll experience required.
- Payroll bureau experience is beneficial.