As an Activity Assistant at the Portage County Health Care Center, your role is to help build and assess our resident activity schedule by creating fun, healthy and safe programming and events.
You will be an advocate for engaging residents to participate in daily activities. Under the direction of the Activity Director, you will plan, lead and assess programming, assist in general resident care, including ensuring proper dress and attire, escort residents and help with dining experiences.
You're a good fit if: You have a good work ethic, are a great communicator and know how to creatively engage residents who may experience physical or cognitive limitations.
High School Diploma or equivalent required, 1 year of related work experience in long-term care as an Activity Assistant, Certified Nursing Assistant or related job strongly preferred, Valid Wisconsin driver’s license, and basic computer and typing skills.
Hours: Monday – Friday - 12:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. and every third Saturday from 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Portage County offers a robust benefit package for those that work a minimum of 20 hours per week. Benefits include;
- State of Wisconsin Retirement Plan
- Health insurance- your choice of two health plans- (Health Savings Account associated with the High Deductible Health Plan with a County contribution or a PPO Co-pay plan)
- EAP (Employee Assistance Plan) Paid by the County
- Paid holidays
- Sick pay
- Flexible spending account
- Life insurance- premium paid by the County
- Long term disability insurance- premium paid by the County
- Dental insurance
- 457B Deferred Compensation Plan
- Health and Fitness Reimbursement