Reports to: Controller (bookkeeper) and Chief Executive Officer (administrative assistant)
As Bookkeeper this person conducts daily accounting entries in the organization’s system for billing, invoicing, and reimbursements. Along with monthly reconciliations of company inventories and supplies, this position assists the Controller (who currently works remotely) in varied tasks including, but not limited to, annual audit prep, account reconciliation, and report
As Administrative Assistant this person provides general administrative support to the USCA staff, athletes, volunteers, and members. This position is primarily responsible for maintaining USCA informational databases, secretarial and receptionist duties, as well as coordinating logistics of national events and meetings. This position also will assist other staff with tasks as needed.
About the organization:
USA Curling is a non-profit organization recognized by the United States Olympic Committee and the World Curling Federation as the governing body for the sport of curling in the United States. With over 185 member clubs and 23,000 members, USA Curling strives to grow the sport of curling and help develop athletes who can excel at the highest levels of competition. The national office has been located in Stevens Point, Wis., since 1985. More information is available at USA Curling’s web site: www.usacurl.org.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Handle daily financial entries pertaining to accounts payable and accounts receivable. More specifically, enter day-to-day bills for payment, as well as create and mail invoices, and enter periodic deposits (in conjunction with another staff member to satisfy required separation of duties principles), in QuickBooks. Assist the Controller in printing and mailing check payments.
- Maintain all organization inventory counts and records and make periodic adjustments in QuickBooks.
- Maintain and track usage of athlete and coaching staff budgeted funds. Regularly prepare and distribute such usage reports.
- Reconcile the monthly e-commerce account’s daily deposits and credit the amounts to the appropriate income accounts in QuickBooks.
- Handle daily incoming/outgoing mail/UPS/Express and mass mailings. Maintain operation of postage meter and make periodic adjustments in QuickBooks regarding postage purchases and usage.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations in inventory, postage, petty cash, and staff PTO.
- Basic secretarial and reception duties, which includes, but not limited to answering phones. Will also greet and assist all visitors and be the first point-of-contact for deliveries. Documents and fills orders for USCA materials and notifies other staff per procedures. Refers non-routine requests to other staff per procedures. Monitors and orders office supplies.
- Data entry: Maintains USCA paper and computer data files (mailing lists, dues, member certification rosters, etc.), and mail/fax/email lists.
- Assists with meeting and event logistical arrangements as assigned.
- Handles pick-ups and deliveries and other business office errands.
- Monitors fax, mail and email during workday. Promptly relays messages to appropriate staff.
- Refers athlete inquiries regarding funding, drug testing, and other competitive issues to staff as appropriate under Chief Executive Officer’s direction.
- Updating and posting of all databases for customer/vendor/member information.
- Other duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Education/Experience: Knowledge of basic accounting principles with at least a relevant Associate degree is required.
- Computer Skills: Proficiency in using QuickBooks and efficiency with Windows and Microsoft Office (particularly Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Must have at least a familiarity with other office computer programs and systems, and ability and willingness to learn new programs (e.g., member database).
- Communication Skills: The selected individual must display a pleasant, enthusiastic personality and telephone voice, and must have good business letter/memo writing and composition skills.
- Associated skills: Must be able to demonstrate the ability to work as a team player; be professional and helpful at all times, and reliably show up for work on time and ready to go for each workday. Must be able to adapt to changing circumstances; be able to meet deadlines while multi-tasking; demonstrate an ability to positively manage stressful situations, and organize paper and electronic filing systems;
- Work Location/Environment: This is a full-time, year-round, hourly position based out of the national office in Stevens Point, Wisconsin. Job will require some travel for event/meeting logistical support as directed by the CEO (at organization’s expense). Job will require some local travel (bank, post office, etc. at organization’s expense).
- Fellow staff members (in person)
- Athletes (generally electronically)
- Board Members (generally electronically)
- Daily correspondents
- Insurance Health, dental, and life insurance
- Leave & Holidays Personal leave, paid holidays
- Retirement & Financial 401(K) plan, flexible savings accounts (dependent & medical)
- USA Curling covers 75% of a single health insurance plan, 100% of a single dental plan, 100% of a single life insurance policy.
- Salary is dependent upon education and experience.
To Apply: Include your resume, a letter detailing your interest in and qualifications for the position, salary requirements, and names and contact information (email/phone number) for three professional references. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax to: 715-344-2279
Mail to: USA Curling
Attn: Rick Patzke
5525 Clem’s Way
Stevens Point, WI 54482