Admin Clerk Job Description
The Shipping and Receiving Clerk is responsible for checking drivers in and out, reviewing paperwork from the warehouse, working with the warehouse personnel on accomplishing the workload and any discrepancies, and ensuring the accuracy of items that are received from and shipped out to customers.
Day-to-day responsibilities of the Shipping & Receiving Clerk include:
Attributes needed to accomplish the Shipping & Receiving position successfully:
- Check all drivers in and out recording appropriate information and timestamps in the software
- Provide top-level Customer Service to all customers and drivers calling in or arriving at the shipping & receiving window
- The clerical aspect of filling customer orders according to Standard Operating Procedures
- Using computer hardware and software to generate labels, receiving, and shipping documents
- Final review of all paperwork prior to receiving or shipping any trucks to ensure accuracy
- Maintain inventory integrity with any transactions performed
- Work closely with the warehouse staff to accomplish the workload, truck turn times, and troubleshoot/resolve issues
- Strong communication between shift employees and Management/warehouse staff
- Maintain customer profile setup with item codes, lot codes, and item spec information
- Independent troubleshooting of discrepancies that may occur
- Assisting in other areas as needed and performing other duties as assigned
This is a Full-Time Non Exempt position offering a full benefits package including paid vacation, health insurance, dental insurance, disability coverage, life insurance, and a matching retirement program. This position will work 4-10 hour shifts with the schedule to be determined. We are currently hiring for all shifts.
Please send a resume to Megan Walker at email@example.com to apply.
- Positive Attitude – we pride ourselves on a drama-free positive environment and want to stay that way.
- Dedication and work ethic – being variable closing time need someone willing to do what it takes to get the job done or leave early when possible.
- Incredible level of accuracy – this position is the stopping point for any shipping or receiving errors.
- Customer Service/Communication – this person would be the face of our company checking in all the drivers and working with the warehouse. They need to be friendly and show top service at all times.
- Ability to troubleshoot – need to be able to deal with problems as they arise or at least make a decision to appropriately Band-Aid it until the morning when supervision comes in.
- Basic computer skills – we have a proprietary software we will train them on so nothing specific – but basic understanding of software and Microsoft programs (outlook, word, excel).
- Ability to multi-task – many things will happen at once – this person needs to prioritize them and jump around from one task to another.