We are currently seeking a Property & Casualty Insurance Underwriting Assistant for one of our South Central Wisconsin Clients. This is a temp to hire opportunity with a great company!
Primary duties include (but are not limited to):
- Accepting, declining, or amending new business applications, policy changes, renewals and cancellations submitted by producers (based on underwriting guidelines)
- Reviewing inspections and taking appropriate actions or making recommendations for risk improvement
- Examining experience of existing accounts and taking appropriate action
- Making multiple visits to assigned agents to build strong relationships and assisting them in writing profitable business
- Learning and fluently understanding and interpreting company forms
- Highly Motivated, Strong Work Ethic, and Excellent Communication Skills
- Prior Property/Casualty Insurance Experience preferred, but not required
- Organizational Skills
- Advanced Knowledge in MS Word and Excel
- The Ability to make decisions based on Company guidelines and goals
Must be able to work evenings and weekends as needed in vital situations. Hours are 45 hours one week (working five 9 hour days 7:30am-5:00pm) and 35 hours the next week (working Monday-Wednesday 7:30am-5:00pm, Thursday 7:30am-4:00pm, and off on Friday).
Our client offers a comprehensive benefit package to include: 100% premium paid Health Insurance HSA, Short and long term disability, 401k with a company match, life insurance, paid vacation and holidays, profit share and a flexible work schedule.
For immediate consideration, please complete our on-line application at www.flexstaff.com or submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Flex-Staff is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which includes providing equal opportunity for protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.