****WE DO NOT OFFER INSURANCE OR 401K BENEFITS****
****WE DO OFFER PAID NATIONAL HOLIDAYS OFF AND VACATION/ SICK DAYS****
DURATION: Full Time - Hourly
WORK DAYS: Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm 1 - hour unpaid lunch.
Education: High school diploma required. Two-year business degree or similar experience a plus.
Experience: Two years of office-related experience preferred.
Drivers License: Valid Driver’s License Required
Vehicle: Vehicle Required for Transportation
Perform daily general office, and leasing duties in an efficient manner, including effective communication with office management, apartment managers and General Manager. Assist with procuring contractors’ bids for various building or equipment repairs or replacements and service contracts. Assist with preparation of property manager meetings. Assist with marketing properties including guest card input and monitoring, monitor and refresh newspaper, company websites, internet listing services (ILS), and social media. Handle rental inquiries in office and in the absence of a property manager. Involved with all activities dealing with apartment rental process.
Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Multi-task oriented – prioritize tasks during a work day
Strong analytical competence
Manage office processes and field personnel
Personable – ability to work with others
Presentable, well-groomed appearance
Ability to communicate effectively with peers and public
Ability to handle difficult situations in accordance with company standards and policies
Must possess a varied skill set including basic cognitive, social and computer skills
Basic Cognitive and Social
- Capacity to actively listen and learn to understand information to properly apply what is learned.
- Critical thinking- using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Ability to learn from available resources and apply what is learned.
- Ongoing monitoring and assessing projects, work flow, tasks, procedures to make improvements.
- Ability to use mathematics to solve problems.
- Ability to effectively read and communicate verbally and in writing in a professional manner to meet the requirements of the position.
- Actively looking for ways to be service oriented and assisting people.
- Effectively able to manage time to meet the requirements of the position.
- Navigation – using scroll bars, mouse, and dialog boxes to work within the computer’s operating system. Being able to access and switch between applications and files in a Microsoft Windows/Microsoft Office environment.
- Internet – navigating the Internet to find information, including the ability to open and configure standard browsers; use searches, hypertext references, and transfer protocols; and send and retrieve electronic mail (e-mail).
- Word Processing – using Microsoft Word to type text, insert tables, format, edit, print, save and retrieve word processing documents.
- Spreadsheets – using Microsoft Excel to enter, manipulate and format text and numerical data; use formulas, insert, delete and manipulate cells, rows, and columns; and create and save worksheets, charts and graphs.
- Publisher – using Microsoft Publisher to assist with property newsletter, cross-selling manual and any other applications.
- Property management software – learn and master complete operation of all aspects of property management software
SPECIFIC OFFICE/LEASING DUTIES:
Perform varied and diverse clerical, leasing, and administrative office duties as required by management. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Answer phone calls in a timely fashion; schedule appointments as needed.
- Drafting, typing and proofing correspondence and other documents.
- Monitor, distribute, print and file emails on a daily basis.
- Prepare property newsletter, update cross-selling manual and any other applications on Microsoft Publisher.
- Manager meeting preparation – outline vacant units, new and renewal leases and other open items. Follow-up and coordinate with managers
- Monitor and maintain advertising for print, internet listing services and other online outlets.
- Maintain company websites.
- Maintain property lease paperwork. Monitor renewals, draft leases, review applications, pull and evaluate credit reports, screen applications by evaluating rental and income references.
- Calculate garbage, water/sewer charges for tenants and invoice on a quarterly basis.
- Draft and send renewal/rent increase letters for required properties on a monthly basis.
- Draft tenant notices, vacates, lease breaches, security deposit returns and other miscellaneous letters.
- Enter late rent charges, and other tenant charges into the Property Management software system.
- Enter rent deposits into Property Management software system on a monthly basis and monitor for delinquencies.
- Transfer leases, move-in, and move-out tenants as well as ensure tenants’ security deposit accounting is completed as required in Property Management software system.
- Oversee, maintain and prepare reports on guest card activity, delinquency, over and short rent payments, move-out reasons, advertising source and timely rental agreement renewals and security deposit returns.
PRINCIPAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
The responsibilities outlined herein are not all inclusive of the Leasing Administrator’s duties. The Leasing Administrator may be required to perform other related duties upon request.
The Leasing Administrator will be required to cross train with the Bookkeeper, performing light accounts payable tasks as soon as the Leasing Administrator achieves proficiency within the Leasing Administrator position.