Come join our team! MACU is a not-for-profit financial cooperative institution, owned by our members with full service branches in Wisconsin Rapids and Plover!
The Collections Specialist position is a full time position with benefits and is responsible for assisting members in control of their delinquent loan accounts and pending late payment reminder.
- Knowledge of applicable collection and lending laws and regulations
- Contact with delinquent loans to discuss payment and document all communications regarding the delinquency based upon the guidelines established in the Loan Collection Manual
- Provide professional, prompt, efficient and accurate service
- Tactfully determine and analyze reasons for missed payments and assist with a plan of action.
- Superb attention to detail and organizational skills
- Great communication skills both external and internal
- Skilled in Microsoft Office applications
- Work well under pressure
- Ability to perform detailed analytical work regarding foreclosures, repossessions and other legal work
- Process legal actions including court appearances
- Process Bankruptcy records including attending hearings
- Ability to perform basic skip tracing tasks
- Provide reports to management on a regular basis
- Generous Medical, Disability and Life insurance
- 401K with company match
- Generous paid time off
- Ongoing training
- Great work atmosphere
- Hours 8:30 am – 5:00 pm M-F
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.