As a high performing team member of the Retail Banking team, the Service Representative is accountable for delivering superior customer service that defines great customer experience, in performing a variety of basic banking services. The Service Representative is also accountable for referring prospects to Personal Bankers and other banking groups to deliver clarity (simplicity, guidance, and know-how) to our customers.
The Sr. Service Representative will help make things convenient for customers by informing customers about the options available (Online, Mobile, ATM, etc.) to do relevant banking activities and transactions, and by helping educate customers on how to conduct simple transactions through digital/self-service technologies.
B. Superior Customer Service that Defines Great Customer Experience
C. Product Knowledge and Referral Development (Simplicity, Guidance, and Know-How)
A. Service Team Performance
- Count, sort and package currency and coin quickly and accurately.
- Balance assigned cash drawer in accordance to Bank directives.
- Exhibit effective follow through and ownership in every customer interaction.
- Provide training to new Service Representative, as applicable.
- Handling of special services, such as foreign money and collections.
- Accept and process customer transactions accurately and timely.
B. Superior Customer Service
- Provide professional, courteous and friendly customer service, greeting all customers promptly and pleasantly.
- Ensure name tags and dates are always displayed.
- Support professional bank image by ensuring care for the branch environment and appearance of the branch as well as personal appearance.
- Perform other administrative tasks as needed.
- Attend all branch meetings.
C. Product Knowledge and Referral Development
- Identifies customer needs and matches needs with appropriate product or service, utilizing opportunities to suggest or cross-sell other bank products and services.
- Makes qualified referrals to other team members including other lines of business.
- Meets or exceeds all personal referral goals as defined.
- Participates in all training relative to bank products and services.
- Supports bank’s community involvement and participates in community activities as required.
- Stay current on BMO Harris digital banking capabilities. Inform and help educate customers on how to complete basic activities using digital banking and self-service technologies. Refer customers to Retail Relationship Banker for digital demos, enrollment, and activation where appropriate.
D. Risk Management
- Identifies risks associated with regulatory compliance, overdraft authority and bank secrecy act.
- Adheres to all bank policies, directives and procedures.
- Ensures all required documentation is completed for all transactions.
- Ensures all security measures are followed.
- Manages and adheres to cash drawer limits set by the bank.
- 1 year of cash handling or customer service experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to develop customer relationships.
- Ability to make sound transactional decisions to ensure policies and directives are met.
- Ability to accurately understand and respond appropriately when interacting with customers, co-workers and management.
- Ability to take responsibility for personal performance and development.
- Comfortable using, advising on, and engaging customers in digital and other innovative forms of banking.
Openness and Adaptability to change
Ability to adapt to rapid advancements in technology, and the changing nature of the banking environment. Open to learning and adopting new technology and/or ways of working.
At BMO, you have more than a job. We help you turn your potential into performance. Working here means being part of a team of talented, passionate individuals with a shared focus on working together to deliver great customer experiences.
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diversity, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.