Salary Range: $63,848.37 - $80,637.46 annually
- Supervise and manage road crews performing routine summer maintenance to assure safe driving conditions.
- Prepare daily logs of County maintenance workforce.
- Performs road checks on County road system to provide safe roadways 24 hours per day, seven days per week, year round.
- Resolve public complaints and handle requests for services.
- Supervise winter maintenance activities on state and county roadways.
- Perform work required for reconstruction and spot maintenance on the County road system in accordance with County, State and Federal standards.
- Manage the department’s maintenance programs and seasonal employees.
- Work with departmental personnel in preparation and carrying out construction plans.
- Draft plans and supervise installation of work zone traffic control in accordance with Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTDC) standards.
- Assist County Engineer and the County Patrol Manager in providing vertical and horizontal control staking on County and local road projects
- Assist in planning and supervising traffic sign replacement on state and county roadways in accordance with MUTCD standards.
- Assist in routine bridge inspections on the County and local road systems in accordance with State and Federal law and mandates.
- Assume duties of the County or State Patrol Manager in their absence.
- Inspect permits for compliance on all newly installed utilities and driveways.
- Supervise state and county bridge repairs.
- Assists the Commissioner with departmental personnel matters.
- High School diploma plus a minimum of seven years of recent highway maintenance and construction management experience; OR Associates degree in civil engineering or a closely related field plus a minimum of five years recent highway maintenance and construction management experience; OR Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or closely related field plus three years recent highway maintenance and construction management.
- Two years of supervisory experience preferred.
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) and safe driving record or the ability to acquire CDL within six months of hire.
- Any combination of experience and professional training which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities.
What kind of benefits does the County offer?
- State of Wisconsin Retirement Plan
- Health insurance- your choice of two health plans- (Health Savings Account associated with the High Deductible Health Plan with a County contribution or a Traditional PPO plan)
- Paid holidays
- Sick leave
- Flexible spending account
- Life insurance- premium paid by the County
- Long term disability insurance- premium paid by the County
- Dental insurance
- 457B Deferred Compensation Plan
- PEHP (Post employment health plan) - the County makes monthly contributions to this plan for you to use to pay for future medical expenses that aren't covered should you leave or retire.
Apply at: https://www.co.portage.wi.us/ Click on 'Jobs' at the top and then 'Assistant Patrol Supervisor'
Portage County is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Learn more about the Portage County (Stevens Point, WI) at: