Portage County offers a robust benefit package for this position. Benefits include;
- State of Wisconsin Retirement Plan
- Health insurance- your choice of two health plans- (Health Savings Account associated with the High Deductible Health Plan with a County contribution)
- < >Paid holidays
- Sick leave
- Flexible spending account
- Life insurance- premium paid by the County
- Long term disability insurance- premium paid by the County
- Dental insurance
- 457B Deferred Compensation Plan
This position is responsible for directing and coordinating the work activities of Highway Department crews involving construction, paving, and maintenance of highways. This position prioritizes work on the job sites, monitors work progress, ensure work efforts are focused on the assigned job; and reviews work zone safety set-ups and ensures work zone safety protocols. This position is part of the Department’s on-call rotation for winter and summer maintenance. This position is responsible for reporting conditions beyond individual control to management and request assistance for improvement.
These are the skills we are seeking:
High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
Five (5) or more years of highway department or equivalent experience.
Two years of supervisory experience preferred.
Commercial driver’s license (CDL) and safe driving record.
Starting wage: $25.52/hour
Apply at: www.co.portage.wi.us
Portage County Human Resources
1462 Strongs Ave.
Stevens Point, WI 54481