- Explain products or services and prices, answer questions from customers; take and enter orders, cancel orders, and obtain details of complaints
- Obtain customer information such as name, address, and payment method, and enter orders into computers
- Keep records of customer interactions or transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, or comments, as well as actions taken
- Check to ensure that appropriate changes are made to resolve customers' problems.
- Careful attention to detail and thorough in completing tasks
- Using computers and computer systems to enter data and process information.
- Communicating with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public, and other external sources
- Heath insurance
- Vision and dental insurance
- 401K matching
- Paid vacation
- Long and short term disability insurance
- Ownership Thinking company that shares profits with their employees
- Ability and the willingness to work retail hours; including evenings, weekends, and some holidays
- Preferred but not required; 1-2 years retail experience and/or customer service experience
- Display honesty and integrity at all times
- Consistently look for ways to help our customers
- Demonstrate energy and enthusiasm
- The desire to be part of a fun and competitive environment
How to Apply:
- Apply online at http://www.furnitureappliancemart.com/careers/
- Email a resume to careers@BostonFAM.com
- Fax a resume to 888-676-7340
- Stop in to your local store and pick up an application or drop off a resume
About Boston Inc., dba Furniture and ApplianceMart and Ashley HomeStores:
The story of Furniture and ApplianceMart begins in October 1969. Our founder, Vince Fonti Sr., then 33 years old, and his business partner Pete Gambino left their current jobs to go into business for themselves and with that decision, ApplianceMart in Madison was born! The initial investment was a modest $5000, which bought them a ten thousand square foot building that used to be a Red Owl grocery store, and the permit to do business. The odds were against them, but not only did Vince and Pete make it work, they made it prosper! Their two man show quickly grew into a successful business in Madison. In 1978 they moved into a bigger building on E. Washington St. to keep up with growing demand. Finally they were able to purchase a U Haul to use for deliveries, and hire a few helping hands. In 1983, Vince made the decision to move the company to Stevens Point, and by April the store on Church St. was up and running. The rest, as they say, is history.
Today, the company is run by the second generation Fonti family. Bill, Joe and Vinnie Jr. share Vince’s spirit of exceeding even their own expectations of customer service, and overall shopping experience. Furniture and ApplianceMart now has 13 locations, in Stevens Point, Plover, Madison East, Madison West, Wausau, Rhinelander, Wisconsin Rapids, Appleton, Green Bay, Oshkosh, Marshfield, Pewaukee, Richfield, and Greenfield and over 600 employees. To this day, the brothers have never lost sight of what convinced Vince Sr. to go into business in the first place, provide the best shopping experience in Wisconsin, period. We pride ourselves on having the best selection of furniture, mattresses, home appliances and HDTVs in all of WI.