BioLife’s employment opportunities are among the best, offering competitive pay, immediate benefits, paid time off (new hires are eligible for 25 days per year), on the job training, tuition reimbursement (up to $10,000/year), advancement potential AND an environment full of fast-paced fun all while working to save lives.
BioLife employees who work 20 or more hours per week are eligible for full benefits!
Responsible for all Medical History job skills in order to screen new and repeat donors for eligibility to donate; and/or perform entry-level Phlebotomy floor skills as assigned and trained to complete.
All below listed responsibilities must be completed in compliance with federal, state, local and company-specific regulations related to quality of product, employee and donor safety, and to the proper performance of day-to-day activities. Employees must also maintain complete and accurate records, in accordance with cGMP.
Committed to meet customer service expectations
- Greet donors as they enter and exit the donor floor.
- Answer phones within reasonable timeframe.
- Maintain orderly filing system, purging records as needed.
- Take and record donor pulse, blood pressure, and temperature measures and monitor electronic donor questionnaire system.
- Perform finger stick, test sample, and record other donor measures to include hematocrit, total protein and weight.
- Enter donor information into the Donor Information System (DIS).
- Prepare and assemble new and repeat donor charts.
- Coordinate donors to donor floor and compensate donors using the Debit Card system
- Install, prime, and disconnect disposable sets on the plasmapheresis machines.
- Operate, maintain, and perform trouble-shooting of plasmapheresis machines within scope of training.Refer advanced trouble-shooting to certified technicians.
- Monitor donors during donation process and respond to donor reactions.
- Maintain and calibrate equipment.
- Stock supplies, break down empty cartons and assist with proper disposal.
Essential: High School Diploma or equivalent required
Desired: Experience with service industry/customer service and multitasking is a plus
- Responsible for providing exceptional customer service to donors. (external) and fellow employees (internal)
- Refers to Center Manager for guidance on complex, medium-impact or above decisions. (internal)
- Refers to management team for escalated donor/employee concerns. (internal)
- Reports to Center Manager. (Internal)
- Coordinates will all other center roles to effectively problem solve, ensure safety of staff and donors, and provide an exceptional customer experience.
- Maintain general cleanliness of work area and assist other work areas as needed to ensure a clean and professional environment.
- Attend monthly staff meetings and other team meetings as needed.
- Supports the center management team in identifying operational opportunities for continuous improvement, initiating changes to center processes as needed, through use of company approved procedures (including but not limited to 5S, Value Stream Mapping and Kaizen).
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Production environment requiring the ability to walk and stand for the entire work shift.
- Requires frequent leaning, bending, stooping, crouching, and reaching above the shoulders and below the knee.
- Requires frequent lifting up to 5 lbs. and occasional lifting of materials up to 32 lbs. and rarely 50 lbs.
- Must have fine motor coordination, depth perception, and ability to hear equipment sounds from a distance.
- Due to potential exposure to blood borne pathogens (risk level 1), 90% of work tasks require pro-longed glove wear.
Takeda is an industry-leading, global pharmaceutical company with an unwavering dedication to putting patients at the center of everything we do. We live our values of Takeda-ism – Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance – and are united by our mission to strive towards Better Health and a Brighter Future for people worldwide through leading innovation in medicine. Here, everyone matters, and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. At Takeda, you will make an impact on people’s lives – including your own.A subsidiary of Takeda, BioLife is an industry leader in operating high quality plasmapheresis centers throughout the United States. At BioLife Plasma Services, we excel at caring. Caring for the quality of our lifesaving services, caring for the donors who help make it happen, and caring for the communities we call home. Improving Lives. Improving life for everyone.