Duties & Responsibilities
Member Development Program Support – 75%
- Provide customer service support for the Member Development area of USA Curling, including responding to daily correspondence by email and phone.
- Schedule various educational programs, including instruction, ice technician, coaching, and officiating courses. This includes working with member clubs to set up courses and follow-up after course completion.
- Administer Sport Education certifications, including processing and tracking certification requests/renewal paperwork, pulling and distributing lists of certified individuals.
- Organize annual membership reporting process. Tasks include updating communications to member clubs, providing customer support to club representatives with questions, updating the organization’s member database, and communicating with organization’s Controller regarding submission status.
- Assist with SafeSport program administration, including tracking background checks and completion of SafeSport training modules.
- Track submissions for the Club Insurance Program and request proof of insurance certificates for distribution to participants.
- Coordinate the Curling in the Gym program, including tracking equipment, arranging shipments, and cleaning equipment after it is returned.
- Support for additional annual programs such as the Members’ Assembly, Volunteer of the Year, Darwin Curtis Fund Grant Program, and Stone Purchase Program.
- Annual travel (approximately 5 days) to USA Curling Members’ Assembly. Possible additional travel of approximately 3-4 days annually.
- Additional projects based on skills and interest of candidate as time allows.
Championships Program Support – 25%
- Track and approve reimbursements for officials at national events.
- Administer Elite Athlete Health Insurance Program.
- Assist Event Services Manager and others as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications Required
- College degree or proven experience in an administrative and/or
customer service position
- Prefer 3-5 years minimum in an office environment
- Ability to organize, prioritize tasks and projects, and multi-task while working independently; self-motivated to complete assigned tasks
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong customer service skills; pleasant and patient phone manner
- Good grammar; ability to write professional emails
- Ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information
- Experience with the sport of curling a definite plus, but not required
- Computer literate; strong background in Microsoft Word, Power Point and databases
Background Check: Passing a background check will be required prior to hire.
Tools, Equipment, & Conditions
- Standard office equipment
- Position is located at the national office (Stevens Point, Wisconsin)
- Hours are 8:30am-5:00pm
- This is a full-time, year-round exempt position; salary range approximately $29,000-$31,000 a year
- Anticipated start date is approximately May 15, 2018
Insurance Health, dental, and life insurance
Leave & Holidays Personal leave, paid holidays
Retirement & Financial 401(K) plan, flexible savings accounts (dependent & medical)
Comments: USA Curling covers 75% of a single health insurance plan, 100% of a single dental plan, 100% of a single life insurance policy.
To Apply: Include your resume, a letter describing your interest in and qualifications for the position, and names and contact information (email/phone number) for three professional references. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Attn: Kim Nawyn
5525 Clem’s Way
Stevens Point, WI 54482
Email to: email@example.com
Fax to: 715-344-2279