Performs intermediate skilled administrative support work. Work is performed under the limited supervision of the Superintendent.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1) Schedule appointments for the Superintendent including the current calendar of meetings and activity deadlines.
2) Process calls, faxes, emails (as appropriate), and correspondence of a confidential nature to and from the
Superintendent and his/her Office.
3) Prepare and maintain required materials of a confidential nature relating to the School Board and District staff, students, parents and community.
4) Process complaints and/or concerns from students, parents, staff, community, and general public.
5) Provide administrative and clerical support to the Superintendent, School Board and other District administrators as directed by the Superintendent and staff in the efficient operation of the Bliss Educational Services Center. Resolve questions/concerns that arise.
6) Provide leadership and direction to Bliss Educational Services Center staff by coordinating project scheduling and projects, ensuring consistency between/among departments, planning support services and secretarial in-service, and analyzing staffing requests, etc.
7) Provide work direction to Bliss Educational Services Center clerical and support staff as directed by the Superintendent.
8) Take and transcribe minutes of the Board Policy and Legislation Committee, Communications Committee and School Board meetings. Prepare legal notices and agenda material for the same.
9) Assist in interviewing Bliss Educational Services Center secretarial and support staff, and assist Human Resources in coordinating employment assessment of secretarial candidates as requested. In conjunction with Human Resources, review and evaluate employment test results.
10) Coordinate travel arrangements and conference registrations for the Superintendent and School Board members.
11) Assist the Superintendent, as needed, in the review and development of existing and new School Board policies utilizing WASB services. Prepare Board Policy, Legislation Committee and School Board packets including distribution of the same.
12) Publish and preserve the minutes in accordance with state statutes.
13) Contact and work through various District and/or School Board legal issues with the District’s attorney regarding School Board issues as directed.
14) Assist the Superintendent's Office in fulfilling open records requests including tracking, compiling and completing.
15) Compose letters, emails, faxes, and other correspondence. Provide support to the Superintendent and the School Board in general administrative operations.
16) Coordinate the annual District events such as Back-to School Kickoff, retirement dinner, holiday gatherings, and other School Board social events as directed.
17) Assist with emergency school closings.
18) Perform other duties as assigned by the Superintendent.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
*Clerical skills, including bookkeeping, office procedures, operation of office and media equipment, project management and experience with Google Apps for Education or Business, Microsoft Office Suite, spreadsheet, and database management.
*Demonstrate sound judgment, social competency, adaptability, self-confidence, emotional maturity, initiative, enthusiasm, loyalty, resourcefulness and dedication to duty.
*Sensitivity to multi-cultural groups and knowledge of public school administration.
*Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
*Type or keyboard at a net corrected speed of 65 words per minute or higher.
*Handle confidential information.
*Communicate effectively in oral and written form, and possess the ability to work well with the School Board,
Administrators, BESC, students, parents, community, public, and District staff.
*Maintain a professional, positive and cooperative demeanor at all times.
*Demonstrate such alternatives to the above qualifications as the District may find appropriate and acceptable.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree preferred and 3 years of administrative assistant experience or an equivalent combination of training experience.
To Apply: Please submit a complete application in the Wisconsin Career Access Network (WECAN). You can also find this link on our District websites Employment Opportunities page.