HR Compliance Specialist
|UW System Title and Code||
Associate Human Resources Specialist (S36FN)
|Position Information||Work Location: 133 Old Main
Supervisor: Pamela Dollard, Chief Human Resources Officer
|Department||Human Resources and Affirmative Action|
|Department Description||The Human Resources & Affirmative Action Office is in the Division of Business Affairs. The current team of 11 professional staff work in the areas of staffing, benefits, payroll, employee relations, organizational development, and compliance.|
|University Description||Through the discovery and dissemination of knowledge, UW-Stevens Point stimulates intellectual growth, provides a liberal education, and prepares students for a diverse sustainable word. The university is committed to creating a safe, inclusive learning community for all faculty and staff from a variety of backgrounds.
Visit www.joinuwsp.org for more information about UW-Stevens Point.
|Position Summary||Under the general direction of the Chief Human Resources Officer, the HR Compliance Officer is responsible for ensuring compliance with state and federal laws, UW System and university policies regarding matters such as background checks, Family Medical Leave Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, Affirmative Action, Title IX and record keeping. This position will collaborate across functional areas of the institution and UW System to ensure consistency and timeliness.
This position requires thorough knowledge of administrative code, state statutes, and University policies and procedures as they pertain to all positions and employee types. This position must demonstrate exceptional customer service, maintain confidentiality, and foster an environment that is inclusive, trusting, respectful and collegial.
|Required Qualifications||- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or a related field and a minimum of 2 years of recent demonstrated knowledge of employment state and federal laws and regulations or a minimum of 5 years of recent demonstrated knowledge of employment state and federal laws and regulations
- Knowledge of general human resources management principles
- Advanced communication skills to communicate clearly and effectively to diverse internal and external audiences, client groups, and all levels of management
- Demonstrated experience with analyzing problems objectively, making effective decisions and recommendations, and assisting with the implementation of solutions to these problems
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with a diverse population
- Demonstrated experience with establishing and maintaining professional, collaborative working relationships and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability to change
- Ability to prioritize and work under tight deadlines and with quick turnaround situations
- Attention to detail and ability to provide complete and accurate information and data
|Preferred Qualifications||- Advanced degree in human resources or a related field
- Knowledge of faculty and staff recruitment procedures in higher education
- Demonstrated knowledge of Title IX
- Demonstrated ability to prepare affirmative action plan and working with related software
- Certification and/or training in the areas of EEO/AA/ADA/Title IX (i.e. PHR, SPHR, CAAP, CDR, CDP, ATIXA)
- Knowledge of UW Stevens Point, UW System, or related higher education policies and procedures
- Investigative skills
- Intermediate computer skills, including Microsoft Office products and HRIS/Learning Management Systems applications
- Refined interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively (face-to-face, by phone, by email, and through web-based applications)
- Ability to make effective presentations to groups of various sizes
|How To Apply||Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. To return to a draft application, click on the “My Activities” link at the top of the screen after logging in.
Once you click on Submit Application, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. After submitting the application, you will receive an Application Confirmation email from the application system.
|Anticipated Appointment Date||July 1, 2017|
|Terms of Employment||This is a 12-month, Academic Staff annual appointment, exempt from the Fair Labor Standards Act. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Minimum salary is $45,000.|
|Deadline||To ensure consideration, completed online applications must be received by end of day on June 1, 2017. However, screening may continue until the needs of the recruitment are met.|
|Required Materials||Files must be complete to be considered. Submission in PDF format is preferred for all attachments. Please include the following documents:
- Cover letter addressing qualifications and experience
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Contact information for three professional references
|Position Contact||For additional information regarding the position, please call or email:
Chief Human Resources Officer
|Human Resources Contact||If you have any questions regarding the application process, need special arrangements, or if you submitted your application with missing materials, please call or email:
The University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. UW-Stevens Point values diversity and inclusion as supported by our mission, “Through the discovery, dissemination and application of knowledge, UW-Stevens Point fosters intellectual growth, provides a broad-based education, models community engagement and prepares students for success in a diverse and sustainable world.”
The safety and success of students, faculty, and staff at the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point is paramount. The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act requires the distribution of an annual security report to all current and prospective students, faculty, and staff. You may obtain the complete report at http://www.uwsp.edu/dos/Pages/Annual-Security-Report.aspx
The University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
An offer of employment will require a criminal background check and authorization to work within the United States as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.