Some of the additional primary duties consist of:
1. Prepares, schedules, and implements the department’s annual and long range work plan, projects, and programs.
2. Coordinates various engineering and operational activities by planning and directing the work of staff, consultants, and private contractors.
3. Prepares and/or supervises all DNR, Army Corps, FHWA, DOT necessary project permits.
4. Coordinates and implements project schedules and budgets.
5. Collaborates with, solicits, and assists Towns, Villages, and City officials in providing design, permits, maintenance, and construction activities.
6. Assists the Commissioner with departmental personnel matters.
Additional duties detailed in the full job description may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Department directly at: email@example.com
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering or related field required.
- Registered Professional Engineer in the state of Wisconsin strongly preferred.
- Federal bridge inspection certification is required within 12 months of hire. This position must maintain certification as the County’s Program Manager for the WisDOT’s Bridge Program.
- Valid Wisconsin Driver’s License.
- Five to seven years of experience in highway and bridge design and construction management required.
- Three years of supervisory experience required.
- Any combination of experience and professional training which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities.
Portage County Human Resources
1462 Strongs Ave.
Stevens Point, WI 54481