Position Summary: Responsible for processing, programming and developing the procedures necessary to produce
machined parts from raw materials to finished products.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creation of manufacturing processes, tool designs, and if necessary, CNC Programs.
- Evaluate methods, equipment, manpower, and new trends in manufacturing techniques and determine implementation feasibility recommending those providing cost reductions and/or improving process control in manufacturing processes. Write reports, obtain management approval, and implement.
- Provide solutions to the daily manufacturing problems encountered in operating the plant as well as provide technical assistance to other areas of the company.
- Identify, analyze and recommend potential cost savings projects for the company including the performance of cost analysis (e.g., standard vs. actual cost variances, value added vs. non-value added analysis, return on investment, etc.).
- Provide technical assistance to manufacturing and support departments.
- Achieve drastic reductions in manufacturing throughput times and improvements in product quality through the proper design and execution of lean manufacturing processes.
- Extend the capabilities of lean manufacturing forward to the customer and backwards through the supply channels and to include all support processes.
- Apply Six Sigma philosophies to eliminate scrap and rework and improve process capability to significantly reduce the cost of poor quality.
- Identify and facilitate continuous improvement projects in a relentless pursuit to lower total manufactured product costs while maintaining the integrity of the process.
- Optimize manufacturing processes through investigation and implementation of lean manufacturing processes to make the overall business flow faster, efficient and safer.
- Develop and maintain the system used to justify capital expenditures. Provide training and updates to the Management Staff to ensure compliance.
- Identify and prioritize projects that are focused on improving the processes in one or more of the following areas:
- Elimination of bottlenecks;
- Reduction in setup/changeover times;
- Reduction in throughput time (time from raw material to delivery);
- Reduction in lead-time (time from order to delivery);
- Elimination of waste (overproduction, waiting, unnecessary transport, over processing, excess inventories, unnecessary operator movement, production of defect parts);
- Reduction of part handoffs;
- Increased machine utilization;
- Improvement in process or flow;
- Elimination of constraints;
- Reduced cycle times;
- Development of part families;
- Manage continuous improvement projects and coordinate the resources required to insure the success of the projects.
- Recommend the purchase of new equipment, systems, and facilities to reduce manufacturing costs and meet Strategic Business Plan.
- Establish and maintain working relationship with all management and hourly personnel to effectively execute assigned tasks.
- Is considered Machine Operator 1 per job description following probationary period.
- Is authorized to make and approve changes to production processes following probationary period.
- Other duties as may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of this position.
Working Conditions: Work is performed largely in a pleasant office environment with minimal chance for personal injury. Frequent mental and visual concentration for computer usage and calculations. Work hours are normally during regular business hours with occasional unscheduled overtime as required. Occasional overnight travel may be required. Completed confidentiality agreement will be required.
Physical Requirements: May need to bend, stoop, and lift to move materials and retrieve files. Spends prolonged periods of time sitting, using a keyboard and telephone. Some exposure to noise on shop floor. Excellent vision is critical to this position.
We offer an exceptional benefit package including Health, Dental, Vision & Prescription coverage, paid Vacation and Holidays, 401k plan, Company paid Life & Disability Insurance coverage and more. Pointe Precision Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer that participates in E-Verify. Pointe Precision is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age and any other legally protected class. Pointe Precision, Inc. encourages women, veterans and minorities to apply.