Join us in creating books that inspire, intrigue, and educate millions and millions of readers! This position is responsible for the troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining various machines, equipment, and parts.
Our 4 on-4 off schedule provides 182 days off per year (not including vacation or overtime). You'll work a 12-hour shift from 6p-6a on a rotation of 4 days on, 4 days off. You will not rotate between days and nights. Your schedule is set upon hire (and at the beginning of the calendar year each year thereafter) so you know what days you'll be working and what days you'll be able to enjoy having off for the whole year!
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Troubleshoot mechanical/electrical of production equipment and parts.
- Repair production equipment and parts.
- Requisition parts.
- Assist with modifications, installation, and moving of equipment.
- Perform preventive maintenance.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe and clean work environment to include complying with OSHA standards and maintaining equipment to applicable code.
- Provide information to supervisors and co-workers on a timely basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree in electronics or electro/mechanical maintenance preferred or combination of experience and education equivalent to five years of related experience required.
- Knowledge of and experience working with machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance; programmable logic controllers and Human Machine Interfaces (HMI’s); single and three phase circuits, solid state, servos, and AC/DC motors and drives; OSHA standards and equipment maintenance required.
- Knowledge of arithmetic and structure and content of the English language to include the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition required.
- Ability to perform routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed; to make program changes/additions; monitor machine operation to ensure machines are working properly; repair machines or systems using the needed tools; determine causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it; control operations of equipment or systems; use logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, and approaches to problem solving; and manage time and projects required.
- Ability to consistently and effectively work independently with little or no direction and follow up to complete assignments required.
- Ability to demonstrate practical and technical knowledge of the job including an understanding of work instructions, processes, equipment, and materials to perform the job required.
- Ability to consistently and effectively complete work and required paperwork thoroughly, accurately, and neatly following established processes and procedures required.
- Ability to consistently and effectively demonstrate initiative and creativity; teamwork and cooperation; and adhere to and comply with all company and environmental, health, and safety policies, procedures, and work rules required.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work overtime and other shifts required.
- Prompt and reliable attendance required.
- Ability to operate lathe and milling machines preferred.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Starting wage is dependent upon qualifications and experience.
Benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance; life insurance; long-term disability; paid time off and holidays; flexible spending account/health savings account; 401k; employee stock ownership plan; employee assistance program; tuition reimbursement; on-site health clinic; on-site credit union
HOW TO APPLY