Title: Maintenance Custodian
Department: Stevens Point Housing Authority
Location: Stevens Point, WI 54481
Reports To: Maintenance and Building Manager
Job Summary: Reporting to the Maintenance and Building Manager, and under general direction, the Maintenance Custodian is responsible for the cleaning and maintaining Stevens Point Housing Authority (“Housing Authority”) assigned apartments, common areas, and ground areas.
This position is a non-exempt position for the purposes of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Perform deep and heavy cleaning of assigned apartments when tenants move which includes but not limited to: cleaning, vacuuming and mopping floors, wiping down baseboards, dusting all surfaces and fixtures, cleaning kitchen appliances and cabinets inside and out, cleaning bathrooms, sinks, toilets, showers, countertops, and any other assigned duties.
- Clean mirrors, glass partitions, banisters and mailboxes, windowsills and baseboards in common areas and dust assigned areas.
- Sweep and wash with hose exterior sidewalk, steps and courtyard.
- Dispose of trash and recycling as directed by the manager.
- Maintains the appearance of the building exterior and grounds effectively, including landscaping, and snow removal, and debris from sidewalk.
- Move materials and furniture as directed by the Manager.
- Report building malfunctions as instructed, i.e. power failures, leaks, building equipment and any other damages.
- Other cleaning and/or maintenance duties as assigned by the Manager
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Internal: The Maintenance Custodian will have regular contact with the Maintenance and Building Manager and maintenance staff.
- External: The Maintenance Custodian will have some contact with current and former residents.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- The work will be performed on Stevens Point Housing Authority properties.
- Bending, crawling, climbing, and lifting various objects up to approximately 50 pounds are also required on an occasional basis.
Required Education and Experience:
- Knowledge of apartment and building cleaning and maintenance
- Ability to understand and effectively carry out oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work independently and exercise initiative
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Basic computer knowledge to include Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Graduation from university, college, high school, trade school, or equivalent
- Three or more years’ experience in a custodian, janitorial, cleaning, porter, and/or building maintenance
- Valid Wisconsin driver's license and access to reliable transportation are required because individual must be able to drive Housing Authority vehicles.
- Health, dental, life, and disability insurance
- Wisconsin Retirement System
- Wisconsin Deferred Compensation Plan
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Employee Assistance Program
How to Apply:
- Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Qualified candidates should submit a detailed resume and cover letter to Idowu Odedosu at email@example.com by Friday, July 31, 2020.