This position will interface with maintenance personnel and production personnel. This individual will provide maintenance planning/scheduling in the way of reviewing, researching, prioritizing, editing, and planning of all non-emergency maintenance jobs tasks within McCain’s Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS/ Ivara). Assist Department Management in the planning/scheduling and coordination of shutdown work. The Planner/Scheduler will work in partnership with stockroom personnel to monitor delivery dates of parts, materials, and equipment to ensure timely delivery for scheduled jobs. Provide pertinent communication with maintenance department personnel regarding the status of parts and equipment ordered, staged materials, assist in controlling costs, and ordering equipment.
- Order necessary repair materials for work requests.
- Prioritize, schedule, and coordinate daily maintenance activities in assigned area.
- Strategize with operations to coordinate scheduling of plant shutdowns for maintenance activities.
- Research, plan, and prioritize work requests.
- Prepares purchase requisitions and expedites delivery of products and services.
- Provide estimated time and costs for planning purposes.
- Provide for a safe working environment by assuring compliance with all applicable codes and laws.
- Provide interface between maintenance workers, operation personnel and outside resources.
- Provide training on systems.
- Assist in development on PM’s, predictive maintenance, and O.E.E. (Overall Equipment Effectiveness)
- Perform other assigned duties as directed by Maintenance Manager.
- Support the MCE/Lean process.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities RequiredTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience in Maintenance Planning / Scheduling of maintenance to include preventive/predictive maintenance planning.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and pressure constraints.
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm under adverse circumstances.
- Demonstrated creative problem solver
- Skilled at recognizing potential areas for improvement.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of employees, contractors and management.
- Good computer skills
- Possess proper plant and code safety knowledge
- Have knowledge and ability to read different types of drawings, i.e., equipment, P & ID, etc.