Responsible for the maintenance and repair of all company precision equipment and facility.
1. Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, and the physical condition of building does not deteriorate.
2. Orders required parts for replacement and repairs machines while improving machine operation and speed.
3. Diagnose mechanical problems, and determine how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals, and parts catalogs as necessary.
4. Prepares and maintains a machine service and repair log including the dates machines are repaired and serviced as well as parts replaced.
5. Orders and maintains an inventory of machine parts.
6. Other duties as may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of this position.
Working Conditions: Work is performed largely in a manufacturing environment with some chance for personal injury. Work hours are normally during regular business hours and average at least 40 weekly; overtime may be required.
Physical Conditions: May need to bend, stoop, and lift to move and/or repair materials and equipment. Spends prolonged periods of time walking or sitting. May be required to climb ladders. Some exposure to noise, electrical shock, equipment movement hazards, dirt and chemicals/solvents. Excellent vision is critical to this position. May be required to lift, carry or push up to 100 pounds.
Technical college degree in mechanics/electrical/hydraulics preferred. One to three years of Electrical or mechanical/CNC machine repair experience desirable.
Must be able to work rotating weekend on call schedule.
Shift premium for 2nd shift. We offer an exceptional benefit package including Health, Dental, Vision & Prescription coverage, paid Vacation and Holidays, 401k plan, Company paid Life & Disability Insurance coverage and more. Pointe Precision Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. Pointe Precision is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age and any other legally protected class. Pointe Precision, Inc. encourages women, veterans and minorities to apply.