The Portage County Facilities department is hiring Seasonal Custodians to work approximately from November 15th, 2020 until March 15th, 2021. The hours for this position can be part time between 20-40 per week.
What are the main job duties?
- Sweeping, mopping, stripping, sealing and re-waxing of hard floors.
- Vacuuming, extracting and shampooing of carpeting.
- Empty wastebaskets, collect recyclable materials.
- Clean bathroom facilities
- Wash walls and windows.
- Clean drinking fountains, deep sinks, elevators, offices, public areas, lounge and other related areas.
- Dust all ledges, windowsills, shelves, cabinets and vending machines.
- Clean all cleaning equipment before putting it away.
- Wash all light fixtures.
- Clean heat radiators and vent registers.
- Operate shampooers, vacuums, floor machines, buffers and other related equipment.
- Clean window blinds.
- Change light bulbs.
- Secure building, turn off lights, shut and lock windows, assure building is vacant and lock doors.
- Notify Lead Custodian or Assistant Facilities Management Director concerning the need for repairs to building operating systems.
- Requisition supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
General Grounds Work
What are the minimum qualifications?
- Cut, trim and rake grass, water lawn.
- Shovel and plow snow, salt and apply ice melt to sidewalks and steps.
- Keep steps clean and ashtrays empty.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two years custodial experience preferred. (stripping, waxing, buffing and extracting duties with associated floor care equipment)
- Valid Wisconsin driver’s license.
- Must pass Caregiver and FBI criminal background check which will be conducted by the Portage County Sheriff’s department. Must not have any felony convictions.
This position is not eligible for benefits.
TO APPLY: https://www.co.portage.wi.us/
Portage County is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer