As a Groundskeeper for our 2020 season, you will be a top contributor to our guest’s experience. You'll:
- Perform maintenance of lawns and grounds to enhance the appearance of Sentry facilities including mowing, using power and hand operated equipment, hand clipping inaccessible areas, edging, mulching, fertilizing, weeding, thatching, aerifying, and top dressing.
- Prepare planting areas by cultivating, fertilizing and mulching. Plant and maintain annual and perennial plant selections by feeding, watering, weeding, applying appropriate pesticides, etc.
- Transplant, brace, and prune trees and shrubs to shape as needed.
- Remove dead or damaged material, mulches, edges, anchors, etc., utilizing accepted practices.
What it Takes
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience required.
- Related experience preferred, but not required.
- Ability to operate and maintain equipment applicable to the job.
- Knowledge of irrigation systems, ability to perform mechanical repairs, and familiarity with plant/tree pests and diseases preferred, but not required.
- Available to work irregular hours/days to meet deadlines or accommodate weather conditions, which may be flexible up to 40 hours per week.