Portage County offers a robust benefit package for this position. Benefits include;
- State of Wisconsin Retirement Plan
- Health insurance- your choice of two health plans- (Health Savings Account associated with the High Deductible Health Plan with a County contribution)
- < >Paid holidays
- Sick leave
- Flexible spending account
- Life insurance- premium paid by the County
- Long term disability insurance- premium paid by the County
- Dental insurance
- 457B Deferred Compensation Plan
Maintain security and general operation of the jail as well as transporting prisoners to and from correctional facilities, courts and medical/dental facilities.
These are the skills we are seeking:
High school diploma or equivalent.
Associate Degree in Criminal Justice preferred.
Completion of basic jailer school or grandfathered by Wisconsin Training and Standards board preferred.
Prior corrections experience preferred.
Starting wage: $19.93/hour
Apply at: www.co.portage.wi.us
Portage County Human Resources
1462 Strongs Ave.
Stevens Point, WI 54481