· Must be 21 years of age and U.S. Citizen.
· High school diploma.
· Of good moral character.
· No felony convictions unless pardoned by Governor. No domestic abuse convictions.
· Must hold valid Wisconsin drivers license with good driving record.
· Must satisfactorily complete all required training during time period established by department.
· Eligible for certification by the Wisconsin Law Enforcement Standards Board, high school diploma and a minimum of 60 college credits from an accredited school.
· Ability to possess a firearm.
· Good verbal and written communication skills and clear and concise speech.
· React quickly and effectively to stressful situations.
· Ability to handle several tasks simultaneously.
· Ability to use all standard law enforcement equipment.
· Prior experience as a police officer is preferred.
· Vision correctable to 20/20.
· Successful candidates will be required to successfully complete all of the following: written examination, oral interview, and background criminal investigation.
Deadline to apply: 4:30 p.m., Tuesday, August 1, 2017
Apply at: www.co.portage.wi.us
Portage County Human Resources
1462 Strongs Ave.
Stevens Point, WI 54481