This position will operate under the operational plan and license of Portage County, and reports to the Sheriff’s Office EMS Coordinator, in cooperation with the County’s Medical Director. SEU EMTs are expected to operate cooperatively as part of a county-wide EMS system, and integrate with services provided by the County’s transport ambulance service providers, emergency medical responders, and other first responders.
- Must possess, at a minimum, a current EMT-B certificate at time of employment.
- Must have a current CPR Healthcare Provider Certification.
- Must be at least 18 years old or older at the time of employment.
- Must possess or be able to obtain by time of hire, a valid Wisconsin driver’s license and have a good driving record.
- No felony convictions or disqualifying criminal history within the past seven years.
- Must be able to speak, read, and write the English language.
- Must be currently credentialed with a Portage County Emergency Medical Responder Group.
- Wage: EMT-B $15.30/hour, EMT-P $18.36/hour
Apply at: www.co.portage.wi.us
Portage County Human Resources
1462 Strongs Ave.
Stevens Point, WI 54481