Portage County Health & Human Services is hiring for full time Night Security located at the Portage House.
This position is based at the Portage House, the Community & Residential Program which provides supervision for adults who are working on integrating into the public after incarceration and insures the safety of program residents and protection of the public.
What are the essential functions of the position?
House Coverage and Client Supervision, which includes;
- Reviews prior shift activities and the sign-out/in log.
- Orients self to new residents, their special needs and supervision requirements. Updates self-concerning status of all program residents.
- Monitors residents' activities during shift. Insures curfews have been met and all residents are in the facility unless their absence has been authorized.
- Follows appropriate program procedures in the event a resident leaves or is absent from the facility without authorization.
- Manages crisis situations and responds to the need for disciplinary actions. Provides informal counseling if necessary during shift.
- Follows appropriate program procedures in the event any client's behavior requires intervention.
- Completes safety and security inspections of the facility and residents as scheduled during shift.
- Conducts urine screens, breathalyzer tests, and personal, room and property searches as assigned or as situation warrants.
- Completes intake and orientation process as assigned.
- Enforces all rules, policies, restrictions, and special conditions pertaining to clients.
Assessment and Reporting, which includes;
House Management, which includes;
- Maintains accurate records of activities and incidents in the daily log.
- Prepares incident reports if necessary.
- Screens prospective client referral files, writes summaries and recommends whether to grant initial interviews.
What are the minimum qualifications?
- Monitors the completion of duties assigned to residents.
- Logs the use of prescribed medications by residents.
- Conducts fire safety and hazardous weather drills as assigned.
- Trains part-time night security staff and schedules night security and relief shifts.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Post-secondary education in Criminal Justice, Sociology, Psychology, or related field or comparable training and experience is preferred.
- Crisis management, security experience, or experience providing supervision in a residential setting preferred.
- First Aid, CPR, Fire Safety certification required. If not certified at time of hire these certifications must be obtained within 90 days of hire date.
Portage County offers a great benefit package for permanent employees working at least 20 hours/week. Benefits include:
TO APPLY: https://www.co.portage.wi.us/
Portage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Health insurance- your choice of two health plans- (Health Savings Account associated with the High Deductible Health Plan with a County contribution and a Traditional PPO plan)
- Paid holidays
- Sick leave
- Flexible spending account
- Life insurance- premium paid by the County
- Long term disability insurance- premium paid by the County
- Dental insurance
- State of Wisconsin Retirement Plan
- 457B Deferred Compensation Plan