Portage County is all about having a servant heart and providing services that enable our citizens to build productive communities, families and lives. The Health and Human Services department has a full time Night Security opening!
What are the primary job duties?
House coverage and client supervision:
Assessment and reporting:
- Reviews prior shift activities and the sign-out/in log.
- Orients self to new residents, their special needs and supervision requirements. Updates self- concerning status of all program residents.
- Monitors residents' activities during shift. Ensures curfews have been met and all residents are in the facility unless their absence has been authorized.
- Follows appropriate program procedures in the event a resident leaves or is absent from the facility without authorization.
- Manages crisis situations and responds to the need for disciplinary actions. Provides informal counseling if necessary during shift.
- Follows appropriate program procedures in the event any client's behavior requires intervention.
- Completes safety and security inspections of the facility and residents as scheduled during shift.
- Conducts urine screens, breathalyzer tests, and personal, room and property searches as assigned or as situation warrants.
- Completes intake and orientation process as assigned.
- Enforces all rules, policies, restrictions, and special conditions pertaining to clients.
- Maintains accurate records of activities and incidents in the daily log.
- Prepares incident reports if necessary.
- Screens prospective client referral files, writes summaries and recommends whether to grant initial interviews.
- Types other computerized reports.
What are the minimum requirements?
- Monitors the completion of duties assigned to residents
- Logs the use of prescribed medications by residents
- Conducts fire safety and hazardous weather drills as assigned
- Trains part-time night security staff
- Schedules night security and relief shifts
Portage County offers an AWESOME benefit package for permanent employees working at least 20 hours/week, which includes the following;
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Post-secondary education in Criminal Justice, Sociology, Psychology, or related field or comparable training and experience is preferred.
- Crisis management, security experience, or experience providing supervision in a residential setting preferred.
- First Aid, CPR, Fire Safety certification required. If not certified at time of hire these certifications must be obtained within 90 days of hire date.
TO APPLY: https://www.co.portage.wi.us/
Portage County is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
- Vacation - available on day one!
- Health insurance- your choice of two health plans- (Health Savings Account associated with a High Deductible Health Plan with a County contribution or a PPO Co-pay plan)
- Health insurance starting at $19.33 a paycheck!
- Wellness incentive plan offered with health insurance enrollment! Earn up to $600 per year!
- Flexible spending account
- Dental insurance
- State of Wisconsin Retirement Plan - County contribution of 6.5%!
- Paid holidays
- Paid sick leave
- Life insurance- premium paid by the County (must work a minimum of 30 hrs/wk)
- Long term disability insurance- premium paid by the County (must work a minimum of 30 hrs/wk)
- EAP (Employee Assistance Plan) - paid by the County
- 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan