Do you enjoy cooking for others? Do you currently cook but want to use your culinary experience by cooking from scratch? Come join a team where we take our love for food and share our passion with residents at the Portage County Health Care Center.
We currently have a part time opportunity as a Food Service Aide. This is a great opportunity for the right person looking to pick up some part time hours! This position is approximately 4.5 hrs per week.
Part time positions offer:
- No late night hours
- Every other weekend off
Hourly rate is $12.61 plus we pay $.30/hour for any hours worked between 2:30 - 11 pm!
Below are some of the job duties:
- Assists with serving meals on a timely basis, in accordance with food portion control procedures, that are appetizing in appearance.
- Prepare and deliver snacks.
- Arranges diet cards for tray service.
- Delivers food carts to units.
- Obtains and documents food and beverage temperatures
- Preps raw vegetables and fruits as instructed by Lead Cook
- Understands and adheres to diets and modifications as written.
- May use institutional equipment such as conveyor toaster, coffee urn, dishwasher or 3 well pot and pans sinks.
- Performs all cleaning duties as assigned, ex. sweep and wet wash kitchen floor daily, clean refrigerator and freezer units.
- Scrape, wash, rinse and sanitize dishware, utensils, pots and pans.
- Holds prepared food at safe temperatures.
- Monitors refrigeration and freezer thermometers and documents temperatures daily.
- Document supplies when needing replacement.
- Assists in unpacking and storing food deliveries and materials as necessary.
- Assure that needed repairs are reported to Dietary Manager or Lead Cook in a timely manner.
- Attends departmental meetings and in-services as scheduled
- Adheres to Infection Control and Universal Precaution policies and policies and procedures when performing daily tasks.
- Reports all accidents and incidents per Departmental policy.
- Interacts with residents, families and coworkers in a professional manner.
- Develop and maintain a good working rapport within the department as well as other departments to assure that food service can be properly maintained to meet the needs of the residents
These are the skills we are seeking:
- Must be a minimum of 16 years of age.
- Experience with preparation and serving of food in an institutional setting preferred.
- Knowledge of institutional diets desirable.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with residents, family members and visitors, etc.
- Ability to successfully pass a caregiver background check
Portage County is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer