Do you have good food preparation and cooking experience and the desire to serve the family of the Portage County Health Care Center? We currently have part time (4.5/week and 12 hours/week) and on-call opportunities as a Food Service Aide This is a great opportunity for the right person looking to pick up some extra hours!
Below are some of the job duties:
- Assists with food preparation and service under the direction of Cook II.
- Assists in the preparation of food in accordance with standardized recipes and special diet orders
- Assists in the preparation of food for therapeutic diets in accordance with planned menus
- Prepare and deliver snacks
- Arranges diet cards for tray service
- Assists in the food preparation for special events
- Performs all cleaning duties as assigned
- Recommends ordering the supplies needed for department to Cook or Food Service Manager
These are the skills we are seeking:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Six months or more experience with assisting in the preparation and serving of food in an institutional setting preferred.
- Knowledge of institutional diets desirable.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with residents, family members and visitors, etc.
- Ability to successfully pass a caregiver background check
Portage County is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer