Do you have good food preparation and cooking experience and the desire to serve the family of the Portage County Health Care Center? We currently have an opportunity as a part-time Food Service Aide which also fills in as the Relief Lead Cook for vacations or other absences. This is a great opportunity for the right person!
Food Service Aide- $12.49/hour
Relief Cook- $16.25/hour
This is a brief description of the job duties:
The Food Service Aide position assists in all dietary functions as directed or instructed in accordance with Portage County Health Care Center dietary policies and procedures.
When working as the Relief Lead Cook, the position provides assistance in all dietary functions as directed or instructed in accordance with Portage County Health Care Center dietary policies and procedures. This position supervises the work of all employees assisting in food preparation and cleanliness of Dietary Department.
These are the skills we are seeking:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Six months or more experience with assisting in the preparation and serving of food in an institutional setting preferred.
- Knowledge of institutional diets desirable.
- Must be able to read, write and speak in and understandable manner.
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with residents, family members and visitors, etc.
- Ability to successfully pass a caregiver background check
Portage County is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer