The On-Call Substitute Dining Site Manager is responsible for the successful operation of an Aging and Disability Resource Center noon meal site in the absence of the permanent Dining Site Manager. Responsibilities include: oversight of food service and activities for the congregate site; packing meals for home delivery; volunteer supervision; recordkeeping.
There are six meal sites; Lincoln Center, Hi-Rise (both Stevens Point), Plover, Amherst, Rosholt, and Junction City. (Substitutes may not cover all sites)
On-Call means there is no guarantee of work as the position relieves permanent employees for vacation, sick leave, etc.
A. Working With Participants and Volunteers
Foster a hospitable and caring atmosphere:
1. Welcome participants on arrival, helping newcomers complete an intake form. Be alert for special needs such as diet, health, physical limitations, or socialization problems.
2. Supervise, schedule, and train volunteer staff for efficient operation of the site and delivery of home-delivered meals.
3. Make daily announcements.
B. Working With Food
Oversee meal service that is appealing and which will contribute to the health of participants:
1. Order meals based on reservations.
2. Supervise the food service according to Wisconsin restaurant codes.
3. Monitor packing and distribution of scheduled home-delivered meals.
4. Make dining area as comfortable and inviting as possible and to best facilitate serving of food by cleaning, moving, and/or arranging furnishings and equipment.
C. Records and Program Income
1. Compile and record site information accurately and submit reports on time to include: weekly computer attendance sheets, monthly site reports, and volunteer reports.
2. Generate donations within program guidelines; collect, deposit, and record.
3. Insure confidentiality of individual donations.
- Food service experience preferred
- Experience coordinating volunteers and activities preferred
- Knowledge of the community helpful but not required
- Demonstrated concern and regard for older people
- Valid driver’s license and access to an insured vehicle
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs (43 lbs at Lincoln Center)
Portage County is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer