The Deputy Coordinator is on-call at all times to manage emergencies within Portage County or in support of emergency management mutual aid activities as directed. Early morning, evening, and weekend meetings and training events will be necessary and common to achieve desired levels of collaboration across the community of stakeholders. The Deputy Coordinator will serve as the Emergency Management Coordinator in his or her absence.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associates degree required. Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Political Science, Emergency Management, Risk Management or related field strongly preferred.
- Two years’ experience in an administrative or planning capacity highly desirable.
- Experience in finding resources and building partnerships, such as one may find working for a non-profit organization, highly desirable.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with personal computer operation and Windows operating systems. Experience using social media preferred.
- Incident Command training; IS 100, 200, 700, and 800 preferred.
- Grant writing and administration experience preferred.
- Purchasing/procurement experience preferred.
- Experience organizing groups and/or training preferred.
- State Certified Emergency Manager preferred.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Due to the nature of the duties placed on law enforcement agencies, all employees may be required to work outside of scheduled shifts, and be called in to work on scheduled days off, due to staffing shortages, natural or man-made disasters, or other emergencies.
- Starting wage: $23.85/hour
Apply at: www.co.portage.wi.us
Portage County Human Resources
1462 Strongs Ave.
Stevens Point, WI 54481