The Emergency Management Coordinator coordinates the preparation and implementation of the County’s emergency response/operations plan, updates, and related procedures, which involves directly working with the State of Wisconsin for plan direction and other County agencies to support the development and implementation of their specific plan and procedures; the administrative functions for emergency management related training and drills; the administrative and management functions of the County’s emergency operations center (EOC); assisting in field response and support for establishment of incident command posts and related support structures as directed; and other areas of responsibility related to the support of emergency responders.
This position is on-call at all times to respond to emergencies that call for emergency management services.
The position is hired by the Sheriff, and appointed as head of emergency management services per Wisconsin Statute 323.14(1)(a), and confirmed by the County Board of Supervisors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Emergency Management, Planning, or related field.
- Five years’ experience in an administrative or planning capacity highly desirable.
- Experience in finding resources and building partnerships, such as one may find working for a non-profit organization, highly desirable.
- Valid Wisconsin motor vehicle operator’s license.
- Knowledge and experience in emergency response preferred.
Apply at: www.co.portage.wi.us
Portage County Human Resources
1462 Strongs Ave.
Stevens Point, WI 54481