We have positions available with hours between 16 - 40 per week.
We offer a $.75/hour shift premium for PM/Night shift as well as $.25/hour premium while working weekends!
Portage County offers a robust benefit package for permanent employees working at least 20 hours/week. Benefits include;
- State of Wisconsin Retirement Plan
- Health insurance- your choice of two health plans- (Health Savings Account associated with the High Deductible Health Plan with a County contribution or a PPO Co-pay plan)
- EAP (Employee Assistance Plan) Paid by the County
- Paid holidays
- Sick pay
- Flexible spending account
- Life insurance- premium paid by the County
- Long term disability insurance- premium paid by the County
- Dental insurance
- 457B Deferred Compensation Plan
- Health and Fitness Reimbursement
This is a brief description of the duties of this position:
The Nurses Aide under the direction and supervision of the professional nurse, performs direct resident care, including the provision of personal care, assistance with activities of daily living, and the documentation and the reporting of those activities. The Nurses Aide upholds the philosophy of Portage County Health Care Center to provide rehabilitative service necessary for each resident to achieve a maximum level of functioning, the preservation of self worth and dignity.
These are the skills we are seeking:
- Nurses Aide Certification required and recorded as current on the Wisconsin Nurse Aide registry.
- Must meet state criminal background check requirements.
- Must attend a minimum of 12 hours attendance of continuing education per year.
- Prior Nurses Aide work experience highly desired.