This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking for a night/3rd shift schedule! Schedule details at the bottom of this ad. We also have part-time and on-call CNA openings.
Effective May 1st, we will offer a $.75/hour shift premium for PM/Night shift as well as $.25/hour premium while working weekends
Portage County offers an excellent benefit package for permanent employees working at least 20 hours/week. Benefits include;
- State of Wisconsin Retirement Plan (for positions 24 hours/week or more)
- Health insurance- your choice of two health plans- (Health Savings Account associated with the High Deductible Health Plan with a County contribution or a PPO/Co-pay plan)
- Paid holidays
- Sick leave
- Flexible spending account
- Dental insurance
- 457B Deferred Compensation Plan
These are the skills we are seeking:
This is a brief description of the duties of this position:
The Certified Nursing Assistant, under the direction and supervision of the professional nurse, performs direct resident care, including the provision of personal care, assistance with activities of daily living, and the documentation and the reporting of those activities. The Nurses Aide upholds the philosophy of Portage County Health Care Center to provide rehabilitative service necessary for each resident to achieve a maximum level of functioning, the preservation of self worth and dignity.
- Nurses Aide Certification required and recorded as current on the Wisconsin Nurse Aide registry.
- Must meet state criminal background check requirements.
- Must attend a minimum of 12 hours attendance of continuing education per year.
- Prior Nurses Aide work experience highly desired.
This is a full time night position with hours consisting from 11 pm - 7:30 am and every other weekend. We also have part time and on call schedules.