This position is 24 hours per week. Work part time hours and still have the option for benefits!!
Summary of position:
Provide direct nursing care to the residents and supervises the day to day nursing activities performed by certified nursing assistants and nutritional aides. Supervision must be in accordance with current Federal, State, and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern the facility and as may be required by the Director of Nursing to ensure that the highest degree of quality is maintained.
The LPN works under the direction and supervision of the registered nurse. An LPN is delegated the administrative authority, responsibility and accountability necessary to carry out your assigned duties.
For a complete position description, email: HR@co.portage.wi.us
Our shift premium has increased to $3/hr for PM and Night shifts
- Licensure in the state of Wisconsin as a licensed practical nurse
- Knowledgeable of the theory, methods, and techniques of nursing.
- Ability to supervise and direct the work of others.
- Ability to maintain composure and cope with stress and frustration, appreciate the dignity of each resident, and keep cultural, social and medical problems confidential.
- Experience in restorative nursing, psychiatric nursing, medical nursing or geriatric nursing preferred.
The County offers a benefit package for any permanent position working more than 20 hours/week!
- Health insurance - your choice of two health plans to pick from (Health Savings Account associated with the high deductible health plan with a County contribution or a PPO Co-pay plan)
- Dental insurance
- State of Wisconsin Retirement Plan
- Paid holidays
- Sick leave
- Flexible spending account
- Life insurance - premium paid by the County (for positions working at least 30 hours/week)
- Long term disability insurance - premium paid by the County
Portage County is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer