Portage County offers a robust benefit package for this position. Benefits include;
- State of Wisconsin Retirement Plan
- Health insurance- your choice of two health plans- (Health Savings Account associated with the High Deductible Health Plan with a County contribution)
- < >Paid holidays
- Sick leave
- Flexible spending account
- Life insurance- premium paid by the County
- Long term disability insurance- premium paid by the County
- Dental insurance
- 457B Deferred Compensation Plan
The Minimum Data Set (MDS) Coordinator is responsible for the MDS assessment process completion, care planning process, and scheduling of MDS assessments. The MDS Coordinator assures maximum reimbursement by: determining payment coverage of each resident from admission to discharge; and by strategically setting Assessment Reference Dates (ARD’s) for the MDS in collaboration with therapy services within the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (OBRA) requirements. This position is responsible for determining Resource Utilization Group (RUG) levels and assisting with admission assessment processes. This position requires on-going education related to rules and regulations regarding MDS process and reimbursement.
These are the skills we are seeking;
- Associate degree in nursing.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Wisconsin.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in a Skilled Nursing Facility.
- Experience in Minimum Data Set/Resident Assessment Instrument/Prospective Payment System in a Skilled Nursing Facility setting.
- Resident Assessment Instrument certification preferred; must be certified within six months of the date of hire.
- Experience with and knowledge of Medicare rules, regulations and documentation requirements.
- Computer and typing proficiency
- Experience with clinical assessment
- Be able to maintain composure and cope with stress and frustration, appreciate the dignity of each resident, and keep cultural, social and medical problems confidential.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and access to insured vehicle for work-related travel.
If you would like a copy of the job description email; firstname.lastname@example.org
First review of applications will take place on November 19, 2018
Apply at: www.co.portage.wi.us
Portage County Human Resources
1462 Strongs Ave.
Stevens Point, WI 54481