The Portage County Health and Human Services department is looking to hire a full-time Mental Health Nurse!
What are the primary job responsibilities?
Provision of Medical Services and Consultation, which includes:
Provision of Nursing Support Services to the Agency Psychiatrist, which includes:
- Administers and monitors medications of assigned clients.
- Provides consultation to clients and caregivers regarding clients and use of psychotropic medications.
- Performs typical nursing care such as assessment, treatment, education, counseling, and referrals.
- Assesses needs pertinent to the health of the individual, families or groups.
- Reviews and maintains all documentation of medication distribution.
- Receives medical supervision from psychiatrist.
- Initiates and monitors Clozaril medication procedural protocol as needed.
- Initiates patient medication assistance programs for clients.
For a complete position description email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What are the minimum qualifications?
- Complete prescription refill requests under supervision of psychiatrist per psychiatrist request.
- Screen client phone calls and client requests of psychiatrist.
- Phone in doctor’s orders per psychiatrist request.
- Assist in the completion of prior authorizations for medications per psychiatrist request.
- Serves as a resource for staff, community, and other health providers.
- Graduate from accredited school of nursing with Bachelor of Science (BSN) degree required.
- One year experience working with the seriously mentally ill preferred.
- One year of nursing experience preferred; public health nursing experience preferred.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in Wisconsin. Maintain Wisconsin Nursing license required.
- Current CPR certification or ability to become CPR certified required.
Portage County offers a robust benefit package for permanent employees working at least 20 hours/week. Benefits include:
Portage County is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
APPLY TODAY at https://www.co.portage.wi.us/
- State of Wisconsin Retirement Plan
- Health insurance- your choice of two health plans- (Health Savings Account associated with the High Deductible Health Plan with a County contribution or PPO Co-pay Plan)
- EAP (Employee Assistance Plan) Paid by the County
- Paid holidays
- Sick leave
- Flexible spending account
- Life insurance- premium paid by the County (for positions working at least 30 hours/week)
- Long term disability insurance- premium paid by the County (for positions working at least 30 hours/week)
- Dental insurance
- Deferred Compensation Plan 457B