We are hiring for On-Call Registered Nurse's. Do you enjoy serving the elderly and those going through physical rehab? Do you have good nursing skills and the desire to work with our family at the Portage County Health Care Center? The County operates a skilled nursing home where we care for family members and those who are recuperating from illness or surgery. Our people are what make us great- consider joining our team!
This is a brief summary of the job duties:
Provides direct nursing care to the residents and supervises the day to day nursing activities performed by all nursing staff. Such supervision must be in accordance with current Federal, State, and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern the facility and as may be required by the Director of Nursing to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained.
These are the skills we are seeking:
- Associate degree in nursing.
- Registration as a nurse in the State of Wisconsin.
- Experience in restorative nursing, psychiatric nursing, medical nursing or geriatric nursing preferred.
The County offers a benefit package for any permanent position working more than 20 hours/week. On-call positions do not qualify for the benefit package.
- State of Wisconsin Retirement Plan
- Health insurance- your choice of two health plans- (Health Savings Account associated with the High Deductible Health Plan with a County contribution or PPO Co-pay Plan)
- EAP (Employee Assistance Plan) Paid by the County
- Paid holidays
- Sick leave
- Flexible spending account
- Life insurance- premium paid by the County (for positions working at least 30 hours/week)
- Long term disability insurance- premium paid by the County (for positions working at least 35 hours/week)
- Dental insurance
- Deferred Compensation Plan 457B
- Wellness and Fitness Reimbursements
Portage County is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer