We are hiring for a part time Registered Nurse. Do you enjoy serving the elderly and those going through physical rehab? Do you have good nursing skills and the desire to work with our family at the Portage County Health Care Center? The County operates a skilled nursing home where we care for family members and those who are recuperating from illness or surgery. Our people are what make us great- consider joining our team!
This position is 24 hours per week.
Our shift premium has increased to $3/hour for PM and Night Shifts
The County offers a benefit package for any permanent position working more than 20 hours/week.
- State of Wisconsin Retirement Plan
- Health insurance- your choice of two health plans- (Health Savings Account associated with the High Deductible Health Plan with a County contribution or PPO Co-pay Plan)
- Paid holidays
- Sick leave
- Flexible spending account
- Life insurance- premium paid by the County (for positions working at least 30 hours/week)
- Long term disability insurance- premium paid by the County (for positions working at least 35 hours/week)
- Dental insurance
- Deferred Compensation Plan 457B
This is a brief summary of the job duties:
Provides direct nursing care to the residents and supervises the day to day nursing activities performed by all nursing staff. Such supervision must be in accordance with current Federal, State, and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern the facility and as may be required by the Director of Nursing to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained.
These are the skills we are seeking:
- Associate degree in Nursing
- Registered as a nurse in the State of Wisconsin.
- Experience in restorative nursing, psychiatric nursing, medical nursing or geriatric nursing preferred.