The Resident Assistant, under the supervision of a nurse, provides assistance to residents requiring one on one cares, by constantly monitoring their condition and notifying licensed team members of any need for immediate care. Duties include being sensitive and attentive to the resident’s psycho-social needs and communicating these needs to licensed staff. The Resident Assistant upholds the philosophy of Portage County Health Care Center to provide rehabilitative service necessary for each resident to achieve a maximum level of functioning with the preservation of self-worth and dignity.
- Must successfully pass required Wisconsin Caregiver Background Check.
- Must be able to understand and effectively carry out verbal and/or written instructions.
- Must be able to maintain composure and cope with stress and frustration.
- Must be able to appreciate the dignity of each resident.
- Must be able to work various hours of work as assigned.
Apply at: www.co.portage.wi.us
Portage County Human Resources
1462 Strongs Ave.
Stevens Point, WI 54481