We are seeking a full-time MDS Coordinator to join our exceptional and compassionate team.
What is a summary of what the MDS (Minimum Data Set) coordinator responsible for?
- They are responsible for the MDS assessment process completion, care planning process, and scheduling of MDS assessments.
- The MDS Coordinator assures maximum reimbursement by: determining payment coverage of each resident from admission to discharge; and by strategically setting Assessment Reference Dates (ARD’s) for the MDS in collaboration with therapy services within the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (OBRA) requirements.
- This position is responsible for determining Resource Utilization Group (RUG) levels and assisting with admission assessment processes.
- This position requires on-going education related to rules and regulations regarding MDS process and reimbursement.
What are the minimum qualifications?
- Associate degree in nursing.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Wisconsin.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in a Skilled Nursing Facility.\Experience in Minimum Data Set/Resident Assessment Instrument/Prospective Payment System in a Skilled Nursing Facility setting.
- Resident Assessment Instrument certification preferred; must be certified within six months of the date of hire.
- Experience with and knowledge of Medicare rules, regulations and documentation requirements.
- Computer and typing proficiency
- Experience with clinical assessment
- Be able to maintain composure and cope with stress and frustration, appreciate the dignity of each resident, and keep cultural, social and medical problems confidential.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and access to insured vehicle for work-related travel.
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience necessary to perform the essential functions.
- State of Wisconsin Retirement Plan
- Health insurance- your choice of two health plans- (Health Savings Account associated with the High Deductible Health Plan with a County contribution or a Traditional PPO plan)
- Paid holidays
- Sick leave
- Flexible spending account
- Life insurance- premium paid by the County
- Long term disability insurance- premium paid by the County
- Dental insurance
- 457B Deferred Compensation Plan
Learn more about the Portage County (Stevens Point, WI) at: https://www.everythingpointshere.com